Our next webinar is:
Commercial Mediation Practice Techniques
Larry Rute, JD
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
11:30am to 12:30pm
One KS CDRE Hour – Pending
One KS CLE Hour Pending
Mediating a commercial case presents its own unique opportunities, challenges and rewards. We will discuss keys to success, timing and preparation for mediation and unique settlement provisions raised in the resolution of commercial cases.
Larry is partner and co-founder of Associates in Dispute Resolution. Prior to founding ADR he served for many years as General Counsel and Litigation Director for Kansas Legal Services, Inc., and Special Counsel and Legislative Liaison for the Midland Group. He also served as Coordinator of Mediation Services for Midland Mediation and Settlement Services. Larry has mediated and arbitrated hundreds of contract, employment, personal injury and family law disputes. He was instrumental in establishing and administrating the Kansas Human Rights Commission’s Volunteer Mediation Program, the EEOC’s Voluntary Mediation Program and the Supreme Court’s “Access to Justice” mediation program.
HMA Member: $20
Non-HMA Member: $35
Full Time Student: $10
Future Webinars scheduled for these dates below: We are still working on the topics and presenters.
- Wednesday: August 19 – Larry Rute: Topic: Commercial Mediation Practice Techniques
- Wednesday: September 16 – Ronnie Beach & Deborah Medlock: Topic: Conciliation and Case Management
- Wednesday: October 21 – Janell Murphey & Jim Donovan: Topic: Restorative Justice
- Wednesday: November 18 – Honorable Keven M. P. O’Grady: Topic: The New KS ADR Rules and How ADR and its Relationship with the Courts has and will Continue to Change in a Remote World
- Wednesday: December 16 – Unknown
We are planning on a 3 hour webinar in October with Brian Pappas the April conference presenter we had to cancel because of COVID-19. Once we confirm a date and time I will let you know.
Feel free to contact Janet with your questions.