Heartland Mediators Association provides the following services to its members:
- Training throughout the year on relevant mediation topics
- Newsletter published 4 times a year
- Online membership roster available to members only
- Referral listing on the web site (at an additional fee)
- Video and materials on “what is mediation”
The Heartland Mediators Association (HMA) is a not-for-profit organization, that brings together individuals in Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska and surrounding states who share a common interest in mediation as an alternate form of dispute resolution. The Association advocates for and provides education pertaining to mediation; provides a network for information; skill sharing; and referrals.
- Persons who believe that disputants are capable of finding mutually agreeable solutions to conflict through mediation
- Persons with expertise in facilitating collaborative problem-solving
- Aware that informal discussions are less intimidating than court appearances
- Advocates for the resolving of disputes in ways other than litigation
Benefits of membership in HMA are:
- a professional listing in the membership roster on the membership page
- four – six newsletters per year, as well as additional mailings
- training sessions throughout the year
Membership is open to any person involved in mediation or interested in pursuing a career in mediation. Click here to learn how to become a member.